All Unified Pro-Am Association Rules & Regulations apply
If you have read and understand the tournament details you may CLICK HERE to register
- PS5 & XBox Series S/X
- Grand Finals on PS5
- 5v5 Pro-Am Mode
- Private Matchmaking
- Registration is open to all teams that have competed in Unified Pro-Am Association leagues which are WR, MPBA, and ADBA.
- Teams will register on the UPA website.
- upon successful registration teams will receive an email with a form to submit the complete team roster.
- Teams will consist of 5 players, if a team wants a 6th or 7th Man then there will be an additional $50 fee per additional player at the time of registration
- Registration is not complete until team and roster has been fully registered
- Rosters must be submitted no later than July 19, 2022
- Seeding will be determined by placement in Legacy Leaderboards. Winning a UPA major event will guarantee higher and significantly favorable seeding.
- Teams must only use the roster and team branding that they registered with. An approved emergency substitution can be made in the following instances:
- Player under 18 cannot get guardian permission.
- Player on the roster is unable to travel.
- Unforeseen circumstances with proof.
- UPA reserves the right to award paid sponsorship teams favorable seeding placement.
- Participants under 18 on August 3, 2022 will be required to receive parental/guardian consent prior to competing in the UPA World Championship. The participant must be accompanied by someone over the age of 18 as named by the legal guardian. The parental/guardian consent form can be found HERE. This form must be submitted via email to email@example.com by July 26 , 2022.
- All participants are required to purchase Official UPA Team Jerseys from our exclusive jersey partner Soar Dogg
- These jerseys will be exclusively sold to teams participating in the UPA World Championship at a discounted rate with an option to purchase matching joggers as well as other team apparel.
- Jerseys – $55 per
- Joggers – $65 per
- To purchase your jerseys CLICK HERE
- Every jersey will have a UPA logo but will be customizable with the team’s colors, logo, and choice of jersey design
- A secure UPA Store link to purchase team jerseys as well as other apparel will be provided upon successful registration.
- Step by step instructions on how to customize and order your team jerseys will be provided via email.
- Registered teams must have purchased their jerseys by July 19, 2022 or you risk forfeiting your registration
- Under no circumstances will competitors be allowed to wear street clothes while competing in this event
- *Brands with merchandise deals and contractual obligations with an effective date prior to June 15, 2022 may wear their own jerseys but will be required to pay a $250 fine. Sponsor patches may not be displayed on those jerseys without express written approval from UPA. The jerseys must include a UPA logo and be aesthetically pleasing. Submit imagery of jersey for approval and proof of contractual obligation to firstname.lastname@example.org
- LocalHost The Block 401 North Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19108
- All participants in the tournament are responsible for their own travel and lodging accommodations.
- All participants must be aware of the following:
- All participants will be searched and/or scanned
- All personal bags will be inspected to ensure guest safety
- No weapons or contraband
- No outside food or drinks
- We have researched and found that the following hotels are the closest to venue:
- Four Points by Sheraton
- 1201 Race St, Philadelphia, PA 19107
- (215) 496-2700
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City-Convention Center
- 1301 Race St, Philadelphia, PA 19107
- (215) 665-9100
- Best Western Plus Philadelphia Convention Center Hotel
- 1225 Vine St, Philadelphia, PA 19107
- (215) 398-3080
- Four Points by Sheraton
- The tournament will consist of two (2) brackets, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X
- The tournament will be played on the Pro-Am mode of the NBA 2K22 game (5 user controlled MyPlayers vs 5 user controlled MyPlayers).
- The two console brackets will be played on their respective consoles to determine two (2) total console champions.
- The two console champions will play a Best of 3 final series on PlayStation 5.
- Each player in the final championship series will use a default 99 overall build provided locally at the time of the event unless otherwise agreed to by the UPA staff at its sole discretion. I.e. if the XBX/S champion has their own PlayStation accounts we may choose to permit their use at our sole discretion.
- The exact specifications of the builds can be found at the following link.
- The UPA World Championship can be viewed live at https://twitch.tv/UnifiedProAm
- The championship tournament will take place on August 6, 2022 and August 7, 2022. Check-in will begin one hour prior to the first games at 9:00 AM ET on August 6, 2022. 5 players on each team must be checked in 15 minutes prior to start of first round games or the team risks forfeiting.
- First round games will begin at 10:00 AM ET.
- All participants are required to remain at the venue for the duration of the tournament or until eliminated. Games will begin promptly after the conclusion of the previous series. If your entire team cannot be found with 10 minutes of receiving notice that is time for your series, you may be forfeited. Notice will be sent to your team captain/coach.
- All rounds of this event will be Best of 3.
- The higher seed will be server host for Games 1 and 3.
- Pro-Am courts must be created to the exact specifications contained herein and submitted to email@example.com or viewed and approved by an Admin by August 3, 2022.
- Find the specifications and colorway for courts at the following link
- Branding logo should be the official UPA logo found under the WRLeague PSN/GT.
- Team names should be in this exact format. “Team A – UPA”
- Should the courts and team names not be created to the specifications and submitted for approval, the team will be subject to an automatic forfeit at UPA’s sole discretion.
- CLICK HERE TO VIEW COURT DESIGN SPECIFICATIONS
- Complete schedule of games will be made available 48 hours prior to the start of the event and will be subject to change at UPA’s sole discretion.
- All participants will be required to bring their own Xbox Series X or PlayStation 5 console to the event.
- All participants should upload their MyPlayers to cloud storage prior to the event in case of issues.
- The UPA World Championship prize pool is $100,000 awarded as follows:
- Console Finals : $10,000 (for making it to console finals)
- Console Champion: $15,000
- World Champion (Cross-Console) Champion: $30,000
Rules and Guidelines
- All UPA league tournament/playoff rules (click here), terms of service (click here) and privacy policies (click here) apply except as modified on this tournament landing page.
- In-person gameplay rules may vary from virtual events in terms of passing settings and badges allowed. These details will be determined by a competition committee and released to all participants prior to the event. The following gameplay rules are in effect for this event.
- Pass Target Profile must be “Default” or “Direction”, this setting CANNOT be set to custom.
- Free Throw Timing must set to “User Timing” this setting CANNOT be set to “Real Player %”.
- All tournament rules are intended to be explanatory in nature. UPA cannot predict every case that may come up in advance. Additionally, unintended loopholes in the language may exist. If the technical language of a rule does not align with UPA’s intent of the given rule, there’s an unanticipated loophole, or other abusive behavior is occurring, UPA reserves the right to amend and enforce any and all of its rules retroactively conforming to its intents and in the spirit of fair competition.
- The UPA commissioner will make a determination as to the outcome of any dispute (in his/her sole discretion) and such ruling will be final. By signing up for this tournament, you accept any and all decisions that the UPA commissioner makes, regardless of what this rules page states.
- Legacy leaderboards will be used for seeding all tournament play and Open Bracket registered teams may be moved into the main event based on this seeding at UPA discretion if invited teams fail to register.
- Tournament format may be modified at UPA’s sole discretion in any manner deemed necessary at any time before or after registration for the purposes of producing a quality event.
- All registration fees for any Unified Pro-Am Association event are non-refundable unless that event has been cancelled by the organization.
- All participants will be required to fill out a W-9 and receive a 1099 for their share of the winnings.
- Payment will be made within 45 business days after the conclusion of the event and only after filling out the required forms.
- UPA has zero tolerance for any behavior that: (a) is sexually explicit, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; (b) is obscene or offensive, or may create public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule; (c) defames or invades publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringes upon any third party’s or prize provider’s personal or intellectual property rights or contain disparaging remarks about other people or companies; (d) is inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which UPA wishes to associate, as determined by such parties in their sole and absolute discretion; and/or (e) otherwise violates the terms of any of the agreements that the participants have agreed to comply with as participants in the Tournament(s), these official Rules, Sony Group Code of Conduct, PlayStation Network’s Code of Conduct, Microsoft’s Code of Conduct, Xbox’s Community Standards, Twitter’s Terms of Service, The Twitter Rules, Twitch’s Terms of Service, Twitch’s Community Guidelines, Discord’s Terms of Service, and Discord’s Community Guidelines. In the event a participant engages in any of the foregoing, UPA will have the right to remove such participants from the Tournament and may impose other consequences, including disqualification from any and all existing and future programs of UPA.
- UPA reserves all streaming rights of the championship event. Participants will be required to utilize UPA provided streaming platforms.
Register Your Team
World Championship Open Registration
Please visit https://unifiedproam.gg/world-championship for full tournament info
©2021 Unified Pro-Am Association, LLC. All Rights Reserved. 2K Games is a registered trademark of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. All rights reserved. Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc is not affiliated with unifiedproam.gg. PlayStation and PlayStation 5 are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment. All rights reserved. Sony Computer Entertainment is not affiliated with unifiedproam.gg. Xbox is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Microsoft is not affiliated with unifiedproam.gg. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.